At VIDA Integrative Medicine, we emphasize an integrative approach to the health and wellness of our patients. We use both conventional medicine and evidence based complementary therapies and modalities. Our holistic approach takes into account the whole person: mind, body, and spirit as well as all aspects of a patient’s environment and lifestyle. If you are passionate about living a healthy way of life and have a positive attitude, we invite you to join us as we educate, connect and deliver exceptional wellness services.
We provide patients with specialized medical consultations and lifestyle evaluations that are comprehensive, in-depth and personalized in a spa-like, nurturing environment. Our practice treats a broad spectrum of patients- including patients with complex medical conditions, autoimmune disorders, adrenal dysfunction, gastrointestinal issues, hormones dysregulation, Lyme and co-infections, mold exposure, environmental toxin exposures, mystery disorders, as well as healthy adults and athletes wishing to optimize their performance.
Our focus is on reversing and preventing health problems, while working as a partner with our patients to transform their health thru identifying and treating root causes. Our mission is to empower and encourage patients to reach their health goals through a partnership in which we identify and eliminate barriers to optimal health and vitality.
Position: Patient Coordinator
Reports to: Dr. Carolyn George
Job Summary: Responsible for administrative duties including answering patient phone calls and emails, making and confirming appointments, checking out all patients, and processing payments in QuickBooks. Maintains inventory of all supplements, placing orders weekly, entering Purchase Orders in QuickBooks, and packing up supplements for mailing to patients who phone in orders. Go over patient agreements at checkout, review VIDA’s appointment options and help them identify which package they should choose, and make sure they understand all test pricing. The Patient Coordinator ensures a smooth flow of the patient experience from their initial phone call, scheduling their appointments, making sure they understand the steps in their wellness plan, and following-up to make sure no steps are missed.
This is a full-time position – 37-40 hours per week, Mon-Thurs 8:45-5:30, Friday 9-2, and one Saturday per month 10-2.
Essential Skills and Abilities: The ideal candidate
will be ORGANIZED, meticulous, and a fast learner. Experience in a medical
office preferred. Knowledge of computer programs- specifically Word, Outlook,
Excel, Practice Fusion (preferred) and Quickbooks (preferred). Excellent
customer service and communication skills, demonstrates concern for patient’s
problems, ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, good problem-solving
skills, able to work as a team member, well-organized with attention to detail,
treats patients and co-workers with respect, demonstrates neat and orderly work
habits, practice a healthy lifestyle, and maintain appropriate appearance to
facilitate the above.
Bilingual English / Spanish a plus, but not required.
Salary: TBD at interview, based on experience and qualifications.
- Collaborative team approach w/mentoring by an experienced Functional Medicine Physician.
- Low patient volume.
- Opportunity to work in a collaborative, fun, and supportive learning environment with mentors.
- Healthy and supportive staff / team environment with location in sunny South Florida.
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including 401K plan, paid vacation, free in-house health care, and employee discounts on products.
- Great work environment and work-life balance.
- Quarterly bonus package.
- Processes patients at conclusion of visit. Reviews fee sheets for correct charges; enters information into QuickBooks.
- Ensures patients understand their condition and treatment; provides any special instructions to patients upon leaving.
- Ensures patient understands the doctor’s instructions.
- Checks that patients have been given appropriate prescriptions and instructions.
- Schedules return appointments for follow-up.
- Explains all fees and patient financial responsibility, then processes payments in Quickbooks.
- Ensures patient satisfaction.
- Answer phones, book patient appointments and confirm upcoming appointments in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Pick-up daily voicemail messages and respond to potential new patient inquiries.
- Enter timely and accurate documentation/data into the Practice Fusion database to communicate patient needs, and to ensure complete documentation of phone calls.
- Files charts and paperwork as needed.
- Check and respond to emails from patients daily.
- Sort and distribute mail.
- Checking and handling all incoming faxes
- Sending/receiving medical records
- Scan and upload medical records and forms from patients to their electronic chart.
- Conduct quarterly supplement inventory
- Place weekly supplement orders with vendors
- Enter all new inventory items in QuickBooks
- Create Purchase Orders in Quickbooks
- Receive shipments and verify shipments in Quickbooks
- Stock supplements accordingly
- Fulfill daily patient supplement orders via phone, email and walk-in
- Process payment to vendors
- Pull reports as needed
- Check with vendors periodically for price increases and update prices in QuickBooks
Enthusiastic, qualified candidates please email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.