Position: Full-time Front Desk Receptionist
Dr. George is dedicated to providing personalized healthcare by identifying and addressing the root causes of illness through an approach called Functional and Integrative Medicine. Her functional medical approach helps her find answers so she can treat the root cause of disease instead of just treating the symptoms. The ideal candidate should have an understanding of Functional Integrative medicine and be a calming, informative individual. Our office provides a serene, comfortable, educational environment for our patients and staff. The Front Desk Receptionist is an important part of Dr. George’s team which also includes two Medical Assistants, our Patient Coordinator, our Marketing/Office Manager, and our Health Coach. If you are passionate about living a healthy way of life and have a cheerful, positive attitude, we invite you to join us as we educate, connect and deliver exceptional wellness services!
* This is an entry-level, full-time position: 37-40 hours per week, Mon-Thurs 9AM-5PM, Fri 9AM-2PM. Eventually, more hours will be added- one evening per week until 8 PM, and one Saturday per month 10AM-2PM.
* Bilingual English/Spanish a plus but not required
* Salary: TBD at interview, based on experience and qualifications
Job Summary: Responsible for administrative duties including answering patient phone calls and emails, making and confirming appointments in our EMR system (Practice Fusion), checking in all patients and handling patient flow, and processing payments in QuickBooks.
Job Requirements: Some experience in a medical office preferred. Knowledge of computer programs- specifically Outlook, Word and Quickbooks (will train in QuickBooks if necessary). Excellent customer service and communication skills; demonstrates concern for patients’ problems; ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously; good problem-solving skills; able to work as a team member; well-organized with attention to detail; treat patients and co-workers with respect; demonstrate neat and orderly work habits; practice a healthy lifestyle; and maintain appropriate appearance to facilitate the above.
Please email your resume to Ellen DiPaolo at: Ellen@CarolynGeorgeMD.com
Position: Part-time Functional Medicine Nurse Practitioner
VIDA Integrative Medicine is designed around elevating the patient/doctor relationship. We are giving patients back the gift of time with 60 minute initial appointments allowing them to tell their story and to allow the physician to see the whole person and all of the variables at play. Deep laboratory analysis and an extensive physical examination are done to look for root causes to problems and providing education along the way. A personalized care plan is designed and patients are then partnered with the rest of the care team, including a health/lifestyle coach, to empower and encourage patients to reach their health goals. Our mission is to help people establish sustainable optimal health and wellness and our vision is empowering people through partnership to identify and eliminate barriers to optimal health and wellness.
- Join a team that thinks outside the box and gets phenomenal results
- Experience in Integrative/Functional Medicine required
- 24 hours per week to start, quickly ramping up to full-time opportunity with benefits
- Great work-life balance
- Interface with patients daily to review lab results and implement wellness programs
- Initiate, develop and implement nursing plan treatments; evaluate patient progress towards goals and educate patients
- Assess patient needs and physical status at each skilled visit through health data access and patient interview
- Obtain and verify physician orders for plan of treatment revisions, inform physician promptly of significant changes in patient’s condition
- Prepare and coordinate patient instructions and thoroughly report patient care needs, progress and goals
- Respond promptly and appropriately to patient requests
- Accept accountability for own practice through ethical and professional conduct.
- Willingness to learn and provide new procedures as developed and instructed by Dr. George
- Must know how to work independently and make decisions in a timely manner
- Salary: TBD at interview, based on experience and qualifications
- Board Certified in Functional Medicine, preferably by the Institute of Functional Medicine
- Florida License to practice medicine
- Malpractice Insurance
We look forward to reviewing the resumes of interested, experienced, licensed functional medicine nurse practitioners. We have a great team, with all of us working to improve our patients’ health in a unique practice. Please send your resume to Ellen DiPaolo at firstname.lastname@example.org.