Position Available: Part-Time Medical Assistant (CMA or RMA)
|Dr. George is dedicated to providing personalized healthcare by identifying and addressing the root causes of illness through an approach called Functional and Integrative Medicine. Her functional medical approach helps her find answers so she can treat the root cause of disease instead of just treating the symptoms. The preferred candidate should have an understanding of Functional Integrative medicine and be a calming, informative individual. The Medical Assistant is an important part of the team which also includes another Medical Assistant, our Patient Coordinator/Front Desk Receptionist, and our Marketing/Office Manager. If you are interested in becoming
a valued member of the VIDA team, please email your resume to Ellen DiPaolo at: Ellen@CarolynGeorgeMD.com.
* This is a part-time position- 16 hours per week (Tues and Thurs, 9-5), may increase to 3 days
* Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
* Salary: TBD at interview, based on experience and qualifications
* Responsibilities include:
– Be a liaison between patients and the doctor
– Performing basic phlebotomy procedures
– Taking vital signs and charting them
– Executing/digitally ordering laboratory tests with Quest, Lab Corps, Cleveland Heart Lab, etc.
– Preparing and administering vitamin shots
– Experience working with EMR software (we use Practice Fusion)
– Completing test kit forms
– Instructing patients on how to do specialized test kits (will be taught)
– Effective communication skills – concise and accurate note taking and verbal transmission of information
– Good customer service skills are very important. When people don’t feel well they sometimes show their negative sides so we need to be able to see past that.
– Making appointments in Practice Fusion
– Answering phone calls when Receptionist is on another call or busy with a patient
– Calling in prescription renewals
– Tracking lab and other test results
– Taking payments from patients using QuickBooks (if Receptionist is unavailable to do so)
– Maintaining medical supplies inventory
– The candidate must be able to tell when something is an emergency and when it is not.
– In addition the successful candidate will “Walk the walk”- in other words if we expect and request patients to eat healthy foods, exercise and manage stress in effective ways I expect the staff to do similar behaviors and not eat fast foods, and move their body in healthy ways and use stress management techniques as they find applicable.
– All office time is to be used for patient and office directed activities- not to be playing games on your phone or taking care of personal business unless of emergent nature.
– Potential for ongoing education with conference/courses for an interested person to learn more about functional medicine.